Saturday, 24 September 2011

Mohor Nabi Muhammad s.a.w.

I collect old letters, photographs, rubber stamps, stamps, pens, practically anything that has to do with writing and stationery of the past.

Muhammad Rasul Allah

This is a replica of the Mohor (stamp) that was used by the Great Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. When you look at this stamp, what do you feel? I cried when I first read that he even had a stamp. When I went on my first Hajj in 2000/2001, I saw a replica of this same stamp in a shop window. I enquired and it was selling for Rs240 (close to that) but I wasn't prepared to buy it then. I walked away with memories of hoping to buy it some other time. It leaves an everlasting memory after seeing it for the first time in that shop. It was a small shop nearby Masjidil Haram. To me, there are precious "gifts" that are in this world and this is one of them. It says his name, Muhammad Rasul Allah (Muhammad, Allah's Messenger) read from the bottom up. I don't know the Arabic font type and size used for the stamp. Maybe you do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment