Saturday, 25 February 2012

Quran 26: 78-83 Allah provides and Allah heals



(Allah)
Who created me, and it is He Who guides me
And Who gives me food and drink
And when I am ill, it is He who cures me
(And when I am sick, then He restores me to health)
And He Who will cause me to die, then give me life
And Who, I hope, will forgive my mistakes on the Day of Judgement
(Prophet Ibrahim a.s. then prays) “My Lord, grant me wisdom and place me among the righteous.
And ordain for me a goodly mention among posterity" 
Translated from Quran Surah 26, Surah Al-Syu’ara’, Ayat 78 to 84
(Quran 26: 78-84)

Prophet Ibrahim's a.s. prayer is from Ayat 83 to 91.

From Quran databases at the Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement, USA:


026.078
YUSUFALI: "Who created me, and it is He Who guides me;
PICKTHAL: Who created me, and He doth guide me,
SHAKIR: Who created me, then He has shown me the way: 

026.079
YUSUFALI: "Who gives me food and drink,
PICKTHAL: And Who feedeth me and watereth me.
SHAKIR: And He Who gives me to eat and gives me to drink: 

026.080
YUSUFALI: "And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me;
PICKTHAL: And when I sicken, then He healeth me,
SHAKIR: And when I am sick, then He restores me to health 

026.081
YUSUFALI: "Who will cause me to die, and then to life (again);
PICKTHAL: And Who causeth me to die, then giveth me life (again),
SHAKIR: And He Who will cause me to die, then give me life; 

026.082
YUSUFALI: "And who, I hope, will forgive me my faults on the day of Judgment.
PICKTHAL: And Who, I ardently hope, will forgive me my sin on the Day of Judgment.
SHAKIR: And Who, I hope, will forgive me my mistakes on the day of judgment. 

026.083
YUSUFALI: "O my Lord! bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the righteous;
PICKTHAL: My Lord! Vouchsafe me wisdom and unite me to the righteous.
SHAKIR: My Lord: Grant me wisdom, and join me with the good 

026.084
YUSUFALI: "Grant me honourable mention on the tongue of truth among the latest (generations);
PICKTHAL: And give unto me a good report in later generations.
SHAKIR: And ordain for me a goodly mention among posterity 

026.085
YUSUFALI: "Make me one of the inheritors of the Garden of Bliss;
PICKTHAL: And place me among the inheritors of the Garden of Delight,
SHAKIR: And make me of the heirs of the garden of bliss 

026.086
YUSUFALI: "Forgive my father, for that he is among those astray;
PICKTHAL: And forgive my father. Lo! he is of those who err.
SHAKIR: And forgive my father, for surely he is of those who have gone astray; 

026.087
YUSUFALI: "And let me not be in disgrace on the Day when (men) will be raised up;-
PICKTHAL: And abase me not on the day when they are raised,
SHAKIR: And disgrace me not on the day when they are raised

026.088
YUSUFALI: "The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail,
PICKTHAL: The day when wealth and sons avail not (any man)
SHAKIR: The day on which property will not avail, nor sons 

026.089
YUSUFALI: "But only he (will prosper) that brings to Allah a sound heart;
PICKTHAL: Save him who bringeth unto Allah a whole heart.
SHAKIR: Except him who comes to Allah with a heart free (from evil). 

026.090
YUSUFALI: "To the righteous, the Garden will be brought near,
PICKTHAL: And the Garden will be brought nigh for those who ward off (evil).
SHAKIR: And the garden shall be brought near for those who guard (against evil), 

026.091
YUSUFALI: "And to those straying in Evil, the Fire will be placed in full view;
PICKTHAL: And hell will appear plainly to the erring.
SHAKIR: And the hell shall be made manifest to the erring ones,

0 comments:

Post a Comment