- The greeting "Ta kobalallahu minna wa minkum" was what Nabi Muhammad SAW said.
- The greeting "Shiyamana wa Shiyamukum" was a friend's response to what the Prophet said.
- The greeting "Minal Aidil (Aidin) Wal Faizin" is commonly heard from the Indonesian Muslims.
- The greeting "Happy Eid Mubarak" or "Eid Mubarak" is commonly used in English worldwide.
- In Malaysia, we commonly greet with "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin". Aidilfitri must be emphasized since it is about being 'born again clean without sins' and it is different from Aidiladha which is about sacrifice. "Maaf Zahir dan Batin" means "Forgive me physically (physical self and actions) and emotionally (soul and actions)". With this greeting, it is thought that the person has asked for total forgiveness and thus purifies himself from all wrongdoings to the person he greeted.
All these greetings support peace among the Muslim mass (Ummah).